Protein Nice Cream Pies
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- 6 cups frozen banana slices, thawed for about 5 minutes (about 6 bananas)
- 6 scoops OLLY Plant Powered Protein, Pure Chocolate
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup raspberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)
To make the crusts, place almonds, coconut, and dates into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until nuts are coarsely ground and mixture just holds together. Not too long, or it will turn into nut butter! Taste and add a pinch of salt if desired. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. Scoop tablespoons of crust into each muffin tin well and press firmly into the bottom. Place in the freezer and rinse the food processor.
To make the nice cream, you want frozen but not rock hard bananas. I let mine sit on the counter while I make the crust. Place the bananas and protein powder into food processor. Blend until smooth. This takes a few minutes. Add milk if needed to turn the food processor or wait a few minutes while the bananas thaw a bit more. Taste and add more protein powder if desired. Add the peanut butter and blend or swirl in.
Smooth the banana mixture into the muffin tin over the crusts. To make peanut butter swirls, place small drops of peanut butter over the nice cream mixture and swirl with a toothpick. Garnish with raspberries and/or cacao nibs if desired. Freeze until firm, at least an hour. Store in the freezer.