Oatmeal Apple Muffin Tops
PREP TIME:10 mins TOTAL TIME: 30 mins SERVES: 15 muffin tops
- 3/4 cups rolled oats, gluten free optional
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons cup OLLY Plant Powered Protein, Velvet Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup grated apple
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take ½ cup oats and pulse in a food processor until it forms a course flour. Add the oats, protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the applesauce, apple, almond milk, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray and add one spoonful of batter to each muffin tin. You want enough batter to just cover the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for 20-30 min or until golden brown on the edges and cooked throughout.
- Let cool slightly before eating. Nut butter highly recommended!