Mocha Chai Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen banana
- 6 coconut chai ice cubes (recipe below)
- 2 scoops OLLY Plant Powered Protein, Pure Chocolate
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk (more or less depending on desired thickness)
- Your choice of toppings: Cacao nibs, banana chips, peanuts, and coconut flakes are a great combo!
Place first six ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with your choice of crunchy toppings!
Coconut Chai Ice Cubes
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into thin rounds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- whole cloves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 3 bags Darjeeling tea
Combine spices ingredients in medium saucepan. Add 1.5 cups water; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, add coconut milk, and heat until almost at a boil. Remove from heat. Add tea bags and steep five minutes, then remove tea bags and let liquid and spices sit for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight. Pour into 2 ice cube trays and freeze. These ice cubes are not only great in smoothies but also added to iced coffee!